Key Working and Care Planning
There may come a time when you wish to sit down and explore issues going on in your life in particular around your drug or alcohol use. For this, you will be allocated a key worker. Your key worker is the named person who is assigned to work closely with you and will provide a range of psycho-social interventions as/or when needed.
Some of the things your Key Worker will cover with you will include obtaining your consent, completing relevant assessments, developing a care plan with you that best meets your needs. Advocating on your behalf and keeping relevant case notes/records.
Areas Key Working can help you with include:
- Support around reducing harm related to your drug or alcohol use.
- Facilitating Access to Detox.
- Facilitating Access to Community Drug or Alcohol Treatment.
- Facilitating Access to Residential Treatment.
- Information and Education around Relapse Prevention.